Global Banks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global banks market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global banks market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key banks market players’ global operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global banks market with five year forecasts
The global banks industry had total assets of $138,842.9bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% between 2010 and 2014.
The bank credit segment was the industry's most valuable in 2014, with total assets of $68,345.3bn, equivalent to 49.2% of the industry's overall value.
Developing economies are driving global banking and this is now reflected in lists of banks ranked by assets. According to data from Relbanks, as of December 2014, four of the world's ten largest banks are Chinese. Having established such strong positions, these banks are now starting to look beyond domestic borders.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global banks market by value in 2014?
* What will be the size of the global banks market in 2019?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global banks market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the global banks market?