SPX Corporation (SPXC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
SPX Corporation (SPX) is a provider of highly engineered products, technologies, and solutions. The company principally offers heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) products, detection and measurement equipment, and engineered solutions. Its product portfolio includes residential and commercial boilers, package cooling towers, underground locators, specialty lighting, fare collection systems, inspection equipment, and comfort heating products. SPX’s products and services cater to multiple industries including infrastructure, buildings, industrial processes, power, and energy, among others. The company has a sales presence in several countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, and Asia Pacific. SPX is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, the US.
SPX Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jan 09,2017: SPX Announces Appointment of Brian G. Mason as Executive Officer
Nov 03,2016: SPX Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results
Aug 04,2016: SPX Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results
May 05,2016: SPX Reports First Quarter 2016 Results
Feb 25,2016: SPX Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2015 Results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
SPX Corporation - Key Facts 5
SPX Corporation - Key Employees 6
SPX Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 7
SPX Corporation - Major Products and Services 8
SPX Corporation - History 10
SPX Corporation - Company Statement 14
SPX Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Business Unit 16
Section 2 – Company Analysis 17
SPX Corporation - Business Description 17
SPX Corporation - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
SPX Corporation - Strengths 18
SPX Corporation - Weaknesses 19
SPX Corporation - Opportunities 20
SPX Corporation - Threats 21
SPX Corporation - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
SPX Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 30
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 31
Jan 09, 2017: SPX Announces Appointment of Brian G. Mason as Executive Officer 31
Nov 03, 2016: SPX Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results 32
Aug 04, 2016: SPX Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results 34
May 05, 2016: SPX Reports First Quarter 2016 Results 36
Feb 25, 2016: SPX Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2015 Results 38
Section 5 – Appendix 40
Ratio Definitions 40
About GlobalData 44
Contact Us 44
Disclaimer 44List of Tables
SPX Corporation, Key Facts 5
SPX Corporation, Key Employees 6
SPX Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 7
SPX Corporation, Major Products and Services 8
SPX Corporation, History 10
SPX Corporation, Subsidiaries 15
SPX Corporation, Business Unit 16
SPX Corporation, Key Competitors 22
SPX Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 23
SPX Corporation, Annual Ratios 24
SPX Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 25
SPX Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 26
SPX Corporation, Interim Ratios 28
SPX Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 30
Currency Codes 40
Capital Market Ratios 40
Equity Ratios 41
Profitability Ratios 41
Cost Ratios 42
Liquidity Ratios 42
Leverage Ratios 43
Efficiency Ratios 43List of Figures
SPX Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 27
SPX Corporation, Ratio Charts 29
Thermal Engineering International (USA) Inc
Prolec GE International, S. DE R.L. de C.V.
Harbin Air Conditioning Co Ltd
GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
Dimplex North America Limited
Alfa Laval AB