Balfour Beatty plc (BBY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Balfour Beatty plc (Balfour) is a infrastructure construction company. It is one of the leading engineering, construction and service providers in the world. Balfour carries out the design, construction, civil, electrical and mechanical engineering, building and facilities management, social housing, and refurbishment activities. It also offers services such as fit-out transmission lines, road management and maintenance, utility upgrade and maintenance, and professional and technical services. The company offers services for transportation, social infrastructure, utilities, and commercial sectors. Balfour has operation in the UK, the US, and Far East Asia. Balfour is headquartered in London, the UK.
Balfour Beatty plc Key Recent Developments
Apr 04,2017: Jones Bros and Balfour Beatty erect final turbine at Pen Y Cymoedd wind farm
Feb 23,2017: Prysmian to realise a new interconnector between France and the UK through the Channel Tunne
Aug 01,2016: Hywind Scotland Pilot Park: Kis-Orca
Jun 07,2016: EDF begins construction on Blyth offshore wind farm in Northumberland
May 18,2016: Joint venture complete phase one works at Vattenfall’s Pen y Cymoedd Wind Energy project
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Balfour Beatty plc - Key Facts 5
Balfour Beatty plc - Key Employees 6
Balfour Beatty plc - Key Employee Biographies 7
Balfour Beatty plc - Major Products and Services 8
Balfour Beatty plc - History 9
Balfour Beatty plc - Company Statement 20
Balfour Beatty plc - Locations And Subsidiaries 21
Head Office 21
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 21
Joint Venture 23
Section 2 – Company Analysis 24
Balfour Beatty plc - Business Description 24
Balfour Beatty plc - Corporate Strategy 25
Balfour Beatty plc - SWOT Analysis 26
SWOT Analysis - Overview 26
Balfour Beatty plc - Strengths 26
Balfour Beatty plc - Weaknesses 27
Balfour Beatty plc - Opportunities 28
Balfour Beatty plc - Threats 29
Balfour Beatty plc - Key Competitors 30
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 37
Balfour Beatty plc, Recent Deals Summary 38
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 39
Apr 04, 2017: Jones Bros and Balfour Beatty erect final turbine at Pen Y Cymoedd wind farm 39
Feb 23, 2017: Prysmian to realise a new interconnector between France and the UK through the Channel Tunne 40
Aug 01, 2016: Hywind Scotland Pilot Park: Kis-Orca 41
Jun 07, 2016: EDF begins construction on Blyth offshore wind farm in Northumberland 42
May 18, 2016: Joint venture complete phase one works at Vattenfall’s Pen y Cymoedd Wind Energy project 43
Mar 30, 2016: Balfour Beatty awarded £19 million scheme for Grade II listed University of Bristol building 44
Mar 21, 2016: Balfour Beatty obtains £5.5m contract for Hywind project in Scotland 45
Mar 17, 2016: Jones Bros support apprentices at Clyde wind farm extension 46
Mar 03, 2016: Balfour Beatty awarded £35m Scottish wind farms project to connect renewable wind energy to the national grid 47
Section 5 – Appendix 48
Ratio Definitions 48
About GlobalData 52
Contact Us 52
Disclaimer 52List of Tables
Balfour Beatty plc, Key Facts 5
Balfour Beatty plc, Key Employees 6
Balfour Beatty plc, Key Employee Biographies 7
Balfour Beatty plc, Major Products and Services 8
Balfour Beatty plc, History 9
Balfour Beatty plc, Subsidiaries 21
Balfour Beatty plc, Joint Venture 23
Balfour Beatty plc, Key Competitors 30
Balfour Beatty plc, Ratios based on current share price 31
Balfour Beatty plc, Annual Ratios 32
Balfour Beatty plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 33
Balfour Beatty plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 34
Balfour Beatty plc, Interim Ratios 36
Balfour Beatty plc, Recent Deals Summary 38
Currency Codes 48
Capital Market Ratios 48
Equity Ratios 49
Profitability Ratios 49
Cost Ratios 50
Liquidity Ratios 50
Leverage Ratios 51
Efficiency Ratios 51List of Figures
Balfour Beatty plc, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 35
Balfour Beatty plc, Ratio Charts 37
Redhall Group Plc
North Midland Construction PLC
Morgan Sindall Group plc
Kier Group plc
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Galliford Try plc