Deere & Company (DE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Deere & Company (John Deere) provides advanced products and services to the agriculture and construction industry. It manufactures and distributes agricultural, construction and forestry equipment and related service parts. The company’s product portfolio includes agriculture and turf equipment and related service parts, and other outdoor power products; and machines and service parts used in construction, earthmoving, material handling and timber harvesting. John Deere also finances sales and lease of new and used equipment, provides wholesale financing and extended equipment warranties. The company markets its products through its worldwide network of dealers and distributors. John Deere is headquartered in Moline, Illinois, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Deere & Company - Key Facts 5
Deere & Company - Key Employees 6
Deere & Company - Key Employee Biographies 9
Deere & Company - Major Products and Services 10
Deere & Company - History 12
Deere & Company - Company Statement 21
Deere & Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 23
Head Office 23
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 23
Joint Venture 24
Section 2 – Company Analysis 25
Deere & Company - Business Description 25
Business Description - Agriculture and Turf Division 25
Agriculture and Turf Division - Overview 25
Agriculture and Turf Division - Financials 25
Business Description - Construction and Forestry 25
Construction and Forestry - Overview 25
Construction and Forestry - Financials 26
Business Description - Financials Services 26
Financials Services - Overview 26
Financials Services - Financials 26
Deere & Company - Corporate Strategy 27
Deere & Company - SWOT Analysis 28
SWOT Analysis - Overview 28
Deere & Company - Strengths 28
Deere & Company - Weaknesses 29
Deere & Company - Opportunities 30
Deere & Company - Threats 31
Deere & Company - Key Competitors 32
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 34
Performance Chart 36
Financial Performance 36
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 37
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 38
Section 4 – Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
Disclaimer 43List of Tables
Deere & Company, Key Facts 5
Deere & Company, Key Employees 6
Deere & Company, Key Employee Biographies 9
Deere & Company, Major Products and Services 10
Deere & Company, History 12
Deere & Company, Subsidiaries 23
Deere & Company, Joint Venture 24
Deere & Company, Key Competitors 32
Deere & Company, Ratios based on current share price 33
Deere & Company, Annual Ratios 34
Deere & Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 35
Deere & Company, Interim Ratios 37
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42List of Figures
Deere & Company, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 36
Deere & Company, Ratio Charts 38
Volvo Group Real Estate AB
Pettibone Traverse Lift LLC
OP Financial Group
Kubota Tractor Corporation
CNH Industrial N.V.